Pride Vs Humility
1) Pride is the growth of blindness and darkness; humility, the product of light and knowledge; and whilst pride has its origin in a mistaken or delusive estimate of things, humility is as much the offspring of truth as the parent of virtue.
2) “There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
3) “It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err.”
4) “On the highest throne in the world, we still sit only on our own bottom.”
5) “To find the balance you want, this is what you must become. You must keep your feet grounded so firmly on the earth that it's like you have four legs instead of two. That way, you can stay in the world. But you must stop looking at the world through your head. You must look through your heart, instead. That way, you will know God”.
6) “An attitude of gratitude is the highest yoga.”
7) “Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything - all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.”
8) “Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need.”
9) “Be happy for those who are happy, have compassion towards the unhappy, and maintain equanimity (mental calmness) towards the wicked.”https://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-13397/10-inspirational-quotes-to-keep-your-humility-pride-in-check.html
Ilm-E-Musa (A.S.) Bhi Hai Tere Samne Hairat Farosh
That innocent life, that poor man’s boat, that wall of the orphan, Taught Moses’ wisdom to stand before yours wonderingly!http://iqbalurdu.blogspot.com/2011/04/bang-e-dra-161-khizar-e-rah.html
Imam Ali (AS): "Whoever has identified his self in reality has recognized his Creator."
When someone is mean, don’t listen. When someone is rude, walk away. When someone tries to put you down, stay firm. Don’t let someone else’s bad behavior destroy your inner peace.